May was a great month! We had a lot of exciting events take place.
- The Mother’s Day Tea was a hit! The kitchen staff and volunteers from Tapestry had the dining hall looking like a fancy tea room. The residents and staff played games and ate snacks. Fun was had by all. We also honored our mothers with an excellent Cornish Hen for lunch and a beautiful rose.
- Many residents are strong in their faith and display that love every day, so they were really excited to have the pastor from Boynton Baptist start coming again on Sundays.
- Residents were all smiles when the therapy dogs came in. We are now able to have the therapy dogs come monthly.
- We have also implemented a new exercise routine that coincides with some of the therapy needed for some residents. Other facilities have seen great success with the routine, even to the point of residents going from wheelchairs to walkers. Needless to say, we are super excited to see the progress and growth of our own residents as we work out. They are already getting stronger and are now excited to work-out!
- The residents enjoyed a potato bar and live music from the Daily Band for “What’s Cooking Wednesday.”
- We celebrated Memorial Day with a special lunch, watermelon and games, Kona Ice, and a special presentation about the Arlington National Cemetery. We have a lot of veterans here, so it was a good day for them to share some of their stories and talk about and honor the ones they lost.
- As we have opened up to controlled visitation, there is a new “air” about Rosewood. Residents are coming out of their rooms more to participate in activities and getting used to having more interaction with others. Family members are now able to schedule visits to come in or to take their loved ones out. The environment is becoming livelier and the feeling of community and family is growing stronger and stronger.